Livres d'enfants
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Livres d'enfants

Livres d'Enid Blyton, Paul-Jacques Bonzon, Anthony Buckeridge...

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -45%
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre ...
Voir le deal
339 €

Partagez

Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Youcef
Mini Rose
Youcef

Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses Empty
MessageSujet: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyVen 12 Oct 2018 - 18:13

Dear AR collectors,

I need High quality scans of Page 1 and 2 from Ton Petit Alphabet book (I mean  the page with the title/illustrator and its back that contains a list of published titles)

I will be grateful to you and I really appreciate your help.

Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses P_1015iimap1
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://sites.google.com/view/vintage-childrens-books
Paxson
Galaxie
Paxson

MessageSujet: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyJeu 25 Oct 2018 - 17:37

Hello Youcef,
Have you got any reply yet?

I'm afraid I only have a scan of the new edition which was probably published in the sixties while the copy you have is obviously the original edition. The new cover is somewhat different. The scan was sent to me by Didier a few months ago. 

Are you still interested?
Paxson
https://lesalbumsroses.tumblr.com
Paxson
Galaxie
Paxson

MessageSujet: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyJeu 25 Oct 2018 - 17:41

If you prefer, I could have my own original edition scanned tomorrow morning, especially for you and your website!
Paxson
Youcef
Mini Rose
Youcef

MessageSujet: Re: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyJeu 25 Oct 2018 - 18:25

Thank you so much dear Paxson for your kind offer.
Actually, I did not get any reply yet. I would really love to get the newer edition if it is already scanned. 
concerning the first edition, I just need the missed page...... the other pages are already scanned.... but I did not upload it yet because I always scan books from the front cover to the back cover without missing anything. The purpose behind this is  not just providing books for children all over the world but also to provide an authentic material for those who are interested in the development of children books (children literature).
Youcef
Mini Rose
Youcef

MessageSujet: Re: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyJeu 25 Oct 2018 - 18:45

Two more questions,
As a beginner with Les Albums Roses, I noticed that the first edition books have 28 pages while the newer ones, have either 24 or 20.  
1 . Is this rule applied to all titles or is there any exception?
2. Is Didier, the same person who owns this website?
http://figurines-publicitaires-et-kinder-surprise.fr/LivresEnfants/Livres.html

Thanks in advance
Paxson
Galaxie
Paxson

MessageSujet: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyJeu 25 Oct 2018 - 19:33

Thanks for your kind reply.
I'll do my best to have the two editions scanned for you tomorrow.
You can expect to receive them both in the afternoon.
As far as I remember, there isn't much difference between the two, only the cover has been updated but I would say most people would probably prefer the original edition.
You'll be able to decide for yourself when you get it.

Absolutely, this is the very same Didier you mentioned and he very generously offered me a large collection of his own scans. You could contact him by sending him an MP if you like.

As for your question regarding the number of pages, it goes like this :
The very first Albums Roses (let's say the first ten of them which were published in 1950) have all 32 pages, BUT there is one exception with "Histoire de Babar" which has 48 pages and is VERY hard to find.

Then, Hachette decided for some reason to downsize its new publications in the series to 28 pages up to 1957 or 1958 (we even have some examples of Albums Roses which do have 28 pages while the story itself is told on 24 pages only). 

In 1958 and 1959, nine Grands Albums Roses were published with 48 pages (you have got a sample which I sent you, remember?). 

As of 1958, the new Albums Roses - as well as the reprints of the former editions - were reduced to 24 pages. Around 1964 again, Hachette reduced the number of pages down to 20 pages BUT there is at least one exception and it concerns TON PETIT ALPHABET (with the new cover) as it still has 28 pages, which is rather strange since most books in the series had 20 pages at the time. I believe Ton Petit Alphabet 1966 reprint or probably its 1968 reprint has 24 or perhaps even 20 pages only (surely Cedrix or some other member could be more specific about it). 

Let's say as of 1965, Albums Roses have only 20 pages up to the end of the series. And finally, published in the early 1980's, the very last Albums Roses which you can easily recognize owing to their particular layout : a big daisy appears on their front cover ; for this reason some of us call them "les albums roses à la marguerite" (=the Albums Roses with a daisy). There are 50 of them and they only have 16 pages which is a shame considering the series is mostly made up of around 40 reprints, except for some 10 new books which never appeared under the former Albums Roses layout. They are not quite as popular as the original Albums Roses for good reasons.

I do hope this short presentation is not too confusing!
Kindly let it me know should you need more information.

Dernière édition par Paxson le Ven 26 Oct 2018 - 8:37, édité 1 fois
Youcef
Mini Rose
Youcef

MessageSujet: Re: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyJeu 25 Oct 2018 - 22:01

Thanks a lot, Paxson for this detailed information. Your reply is full of interesting facts that explain your deep knowledge about this series. It seems that the book " Ton Petit Alphabet" kept the same number of pages because it deals with the French alphabet which consists of 26  letters. Providing a single page for each letter will obviously result  in more than 26 pages.... but I will be more curious to see Cedrix's answer or any other member who might have this book with less than 28 pages.
concerning the scans, as I have told you I need just the missed page from the first edition, Unless you have enough time to scan the whole book which I have already done. For the second edition; I do not own it, so I will be so happy to see it, at least to compare between the artworks of the two editions, to see if the bright colors of the 1950's has paled in the 1960's or not study

Thanks once more for your overwhelming generosity, Paxson.  Wink
Paxson
Galaxie
Paxson

MessageSujet: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyVen 26 Oct 2018 - 8:52

Hi Youcef,
I just retrieved my two copies and I can now confirm that the original edition is much more attractive than its 1966 reprint (I haven't got the 1964 edition). The 1966 edition has indeed 28 pages and one word has been altered on page 16 for the letter N.
In the original edition, N stood for "nègre" (= nigger) while in the reprint it is replaced by "noir" (=black).
In today's French, "Nègre" is quite rightly considered as racist and it was changed so as to avoid shocking modern sensitivity. For this reason, I feel it's my duty to warn you to pay attention to which page 16 you have already scanned. You should avoid using page 16 of the original edition.
Youcef
Mini Rose
Youcef

MessageSujet: Re: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptySam 27 Oct 2018 - 11:22

Thanks you so much for the scans. It is really interesting to see how people have changed their point of view toward each other.
Cedrix
Galaxie
Cedrix

MessageSujet: Re: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses EmptyDim 28 Oct 2018 - 15:54

A very interesting exchange, in which Paxson has very clearly summed up the history of this collection.  Very Happy
As for "Ton petit alphabet", I've got the 1972 edition, with 20 pages (but only 18 pages of illustrations. Some letters had to be squeezed together (D + E ; F + G ; J + K ; N + O ; P + Q ; R + S ; T + U ; X + Y), so it's not surprising the most cherished editions are the oldest ones.  Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses   Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses Empty

Ton Petit Alphabet - Les Albums Roses
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1